06 August 2011

5 days in Bangalore 2 days in Mysore - Life of a software engineer from mysore


Its 7 am in the morning still I will be enjoying my dreamy characters in sleep suddenly my roomie wakes me up after he is ready for office, suddenly back to ground earth from dreams zzzuuuuiiiiiii…
My mind says shall I work from home today? Yes let’s sleep then for some more time. Again at 7.10 suddenly no, again I have to cook, clean, lone what shall I do in home, lets head to office.
After getting ready my 2 roomie’s will be sleeping peacefully in dreams with their own characters, I see there innocent faces of sleep and make them wake up J they still go back to sleep. Ok “makla malkoli office ge raja haki” telling this I lock up the room and escape. In 2nd floor one invisible aunty will be cooking deliciously, every day I smell it, from past 1 year I haven’t seen who’s staying there!!! That’s Bangalore.. : P
Now waiting for the office shuttle, at 7.55 am, there will be no traffic in jeevan bhima nagar – 80 feet road signal, suddenly one lady with her 2 children walks in front of me holding them to school. She walks exactly at that timeJ... next, one old man with his dog he looks like OSHO walks behind me, there is one dog in a house which he stops and greets it, the dog above will start dancing its tail to him and his dog, I see this and turn towards the road for my shuttle. Another lady walks with her vanity bag, in a call using her headphone (from past 8 months I’m seeing her same) and stands next to me waiting for her company cab. Now exactly at 8 am I don’t know from where people gush in, full traffic jam in the signal, within 5 mins all these will unfold. Suddenly one lady comes now and boards an auto, she will be in a hurry always. I’m still in a mood of sleep I feel am I dreaming or this is real? Every day the feel of dejavu !!! J; from past 8 months I’m having the same routine people every day, again for a moment I smile and tell myself hello I’m also doing the same every day, for them the person who stands at the same time same place J. Suddenly my shuttle comes and I board in greet people and just plug in my Apple Ipod and close my eyes. On the way to my office till whitefield calmly listening to some music and sleeping, suddenly nearing the whitefield police station the driver will overdrive the hump, so that everyone will wake up :P … “guru swalpa nodkondu odsappa” telling this we again take a nap of 1 min and get down.

The security person at the entrance looks me like I’m a prisoner and he is a jailer. I flash and get inside… the greenery, birds, swans; fresh oxygen inside office campus will be the same, routine work tea breaks, GYM, work, meetings, office politics etc… and this goes on every weekday!!! There is no change in the events or people J that we call as routine or mechanical life.
Again back to home evening at 7, I will be first to board home in and start facebuking, chatting etc.. Slowly other roomies will join in. Discussions about what went in office today, LIFE, girls, “Life yake hinge”, what are plans for the future “yen adru sadhis beku maga full doddadu hange hinge taking names of mark zuckerberg, steve jobs, NRM, etc etc”, some healthy websites :P, stories etc etc. By the time we get back to sleep uff what a tiring day it was.
Today is Friday a feel that starts back from Thursday evening, happily packing all unwashed clothes etc to head towards Mysore. In morning tea break everyone asks so evattu Mysore aa ninde bidappa aaram jeevna hange hinge etc. It’s 4 pm now and if I leave now I can catch 6.15 train, a train which is a great gift to all software engineers from Mysore. For this completing all pending tasks early itself and escape.
Flying in train to Mysore: I see most of the same people travelling in D1, D2 bogies of the chamundi express reserved compartments. According to my analysis a person who has got out from BE, for initial 4 years will travel like this after that CAR, marriage settling down in BLR etc. So you can see a common trend in the people from Mysore. Just after leaving Srirangapatna calling home to my brother to leave after 10 mins to pick me up. And its 9.15 now, marching a long queue of people gushing outside from train. Just think how many people like me will travel every week to Mysore.

The feel of JLB road and the fresh clean cool oxygen brings in a feeling that never ends, the complete change in just 5-6 hours, the peaceful roads, and happy faces, some things doesn’t be comparable with anything.
Having mom prepared food and checking FB sleeping off, uff what a week it was.

Happy Time: 2 days Saturday and Sunday the most happiest days for a mysorean, meeting friends, roaming KD Road, DD Urs road, A-Z Kuvempunagar, SJCE, what else, being a mysorean going to chamundi hills night times and early morning through steps, even if I go another million times it will be fresher newer, happier everytime.
Who will not enjoy with friends sitting in KD Road, having chota tea, and chit chatting about everything every week?
Shopping at DD urs road, benne dose opp to LEVIS showroom, dry gobi, faluda, soppin dose in chat street J, gobi in amruth, biriyani in devi, hanumanthu…  its heaven to find everything in Mysore.

Sunday evening at chamundi hills view point, that single long eucalyptus tree, a total view of complete illuminated Mysore, cool breeze, feeling of being inside clouds when it passes through us nearing chamundi temple, a chat that never ends when we sit on steps behind chamundi hills temple having churmuri, bajji-bonda, outside near “mahishasura’s statue”. It’s a real peaceful life.

These are the common words, maga ee waara Mysore ga ?, Sunday evening e horthogthiya illa Monday morning ? train a, Volvo na ? flexible timings a nim office alli ? nin bidappa life alli settle ade, nim company full dodd du, nav innu associate, nodbeku maga hike siglilla andre bere kade nodava anta, so inn 6 months alli onsite annu, alle full hudgir jothe maja gija settleu, per dm, ninde company open mado plans idiya, yen maga full status updates superru, nin bidu greatu, hmmm hmmm hmmm etc etc etc
Exactly at 5 am, at Volvo back to the concept of sleep and travel, sleep like a baby etc. getting down in busy majestic gija gija, boarding 335 E and landing………

We are a set of people who can’t settle down completely in Bangalore or nor we can come back to Mysore and settle down, nor we can take our parents and settle in Bangalore, so life isthene, life hingene.. it goes on and on…………. 5 days in Bangalore 2 days in Mysore………