29 August 2011

Girl, Honda Activa and Chamundi Hills


Run fast fast fast.. gani don’t see behind..

The road and the surrounding looks too pitch dark; Today simply I should have stayed at home why did I came here? That too alone? oh what’s this today in Mysore so windy, the trees around me are wavering as if they will fall down on road, and today I don’t see moon in the sky it seems today is “Amavaase”

That day evening - Calling Amith(my best buddy) maga yellidiya ? Yako maneli bejaru baa chamundi hills ge hogana, I’ll pick u. Illa maga late agutte maneg barodu tumba work ide innu. Ok kano sari bye sigana nan obne hogthini.

Life alli first time obne gadil hogtha idini its already dark 7 pm. Today it’s much rush it seems the traffic is building up on the way. Oh it’s a long queue out here, I think it takes more than 1.5 hours for the queue to move and me having “Darshana” of goddess. Ok I have come here anyhow, let’s have darshan and go.
I had “Darshan”  the time now is 8.20 pm. It was a superb weather outside the temple, filled with Mist, I could see the rays beautifully coming from Cars, Its chilling cold out here, uff.. ok now let’s head towards home, will start my vehicle “Honda Activa”; my vehicle didn’t started for about 10 mins, I tried to kick start, self but at last with much difficulty it got started.

When coming down the Hill any mysorean will off the vehicle and come, so I too did the same. Near “mahishasura” statue I switched off my vehicle, I could see hardly very tiny light on road, its pitch dark I see left side and right side of my eyes I’s total black pitch dark, but I could feel passing through the cool mist.
I wonder while coming up there was lot of traffic, I could hardly see any vehicle now in road, its total silence, I could hear only my vehicle’s wheel sound now. This is the first time I’m coming to Chamundi hills alone that too night time. Usually I used to have some or the other friend accompanying me, but today alone. Suddenly I hear some girl voice calling my name “ganesh” I got pissed off by the silence outside and this voice, I turned around to see who called my name all 360 degrees I could find none. Now some kind of fear ripped through my jaw. I’m just watching the road in front of me and passing by, suddenly my hands went to switch on the activa, it’s not SWITCHING ON. At the same time someone kept their hand on my right shoulder. Again the girl voice “ganesh don’t get panic my name is Priya just listen to me and I won’t do anything to you;  you should concentrate on the road and you should not turn back just listen to me”. My hands, legs and what all body parts started to shiver, I don’t know what to do, even if I want to scream there is no one around, and watching through the Mirror I could see nothing as its pitch dark, my eyes now momentarily switching between left and right mirrors and on the road.

The girl voice started again, her voice was like someone crying and speaking, she started to speak “the same day 2 years back some guys had murdered me here inside a car”. What mistake I had did to them, I wanted to live, I had so many dreams to accomplish in my life. They shattered everything. They used me and mercilessly killed me, I was screaming so badly but ganesh there was no one near by to help me. I wont leave them, I will kill them. These words from her brought some sigh to me, I started feeling bad on the incident which killed her, but again in this age of 2011 how to believe such spirits, devil exists ? but what I’m hearing isn’t true? I felt someone keeping there hand on my shoulders, I could feel the fingers on my shoulders. i wanted to ask her, why you came to explain me this? What you want from me; but my voice isn’t coming out, my throat had got dried up. Slowly I got some voice and asked her “I feel sorry for you, but what do you want from me?”. She told I want to come inside you and take revenge against them. How can this be possible? I don’t agree for that, you are already dead and you want me to do the crime? I can’t do this I told. Suddenly near a tree on the left side my vehicle got stopped, its not at all moving, her hands are on my shoulders yet, I could hear loud laugh, my heart beat raised, I could hear my heartbeat so loud I don’t know what to do now. I tried to move the handle, the handle has also got jammed, I think you have done something to my vehicle I raised in a low voice fearing. She was laughing continuously. Every year I get a chance on this day to speak so anyone on this road, she started crying like I we have seen in horror movies.  This year I saw you alone driving, and so here I came asking for your help. You are not ready to help me, she laughed loudly, but at the same time I could hear some dog’s howling somewhere down the hill, I could hear some other voice crying so deeply, I was feeling so fearful, I thought something will happen to me now, I should run from here, I should call for help, I saw above the road, for my luck one car is coming, I got down from my still vehicle, I saw behind me but I couldn’t see her sitting on my vehicle. The car was coming slowly, with lights inside on, but the front lights were off, she was laughing still I could hear her voice with other voices crying howling, I don’t know how I got courage to get down and now the car approached near me, there is no one inside!!! The car is just moving below the road, its Santro car light golden colored one, inside all lights are ON. This one still brought me fear galloping through my throat. My inner voice started telling ganesh today is your life’s bad day you should have remained in home simply, you should not have attempted to come alone in this amaavase night, so pitch dark night. Ok now what to do. the santro car just passed me and its moving in 10 km speed down the hill.

My inner voice told I would rather be here and suffer ? or shall I run ? I’ll run down the hill, I started praying goddess name and mantra’s and I ran like never for life.. Run fast fast fast.. gani don’t see behind..

The road and the surrounding looks too pitch dark; Today simply I should have stayed at home why did I came here? That too alone? oh what’s this today in Mysore so windy, the trees around me are wavering as if they will fall down on road, and today I don’t see moon in the sky it seems today is “Amavaase”

Run run run I could see white colored divider and its just another half a km to reach below hill, run run run.. I was sweat so much, sweat was dripping all over my body..

I could hear another male voice now ‘ganesha’ ‘ganesha’ ‘gani’ ‘gani’ ‘get up’ ‘get up’ someone pulled my fur rug which I had covered my face with, my body had got so  hot and sweat I needed fresh air to breath, I slowly opened my eyes it’s my best buddy “Anand” thu magane isth hottadru malgidiyalla mobilena switch off madi yest sala call madodu ninge. I was literarily feeling where was I ? was this real or I just saw a dream ? I turned towards looking through my room, my bed sheet and the clock, it was around 6.30 pm on a Sunday evening. Yen maga nale belagge na Bangalore ge, yen full dreamgirl ha, full kans kantha idiya annsutte ha hmmm ? I was still in the echoes of that girl’s voice… I just told myself wat a dream it was, It was so real uff.. I headed towards bathroom to wash my face…….

9 comments:

Vishal Hemanth V said...

nice one bro! I nearly had my heart in my mouth... :P But probably this is just an indication to you that you shouldn't venture out alone to these places. Take care man. Nature has a way to tell us things. Its upto us to listen or ignore. :)

Ganesh Prasad Eswar Kolekar said...

Yes dude, nature has its own way to tell. I could able to recall it in this way again going through the dream like a film :) Yeah alone we should not venture out.

Unknown said...

Hi thr, very nice post. Me and my hubbie are planning to visit Chamundi on our kinetic. I will be riding most part of journey. Are the ghat roads safe to ride? As you mentioned in your blog about switching off engine downhill, did you spot many female riders on scooter switching off engine downhill? Need some tips, Kusum.

Ganesh Prasad Eswar Kolekar said...

Hi Kusuma,

Thanks,

This was just a fiction, but as i have observed it's not safe to switch off engine while returning.

I have seen female riders switching off engines while returning with their loved ones.

Try to avoid by 2 wheelers at least after 7 pm.

I would suggest not to invite trouble.

Unknown said...

Yeh thanks for your comments. We will be returning by 4pm, so will be safe to ride down. Did you see female riders on kinetic/scooty there switching off engine from top to bottom hill?

Ganesh Prasad Eswar Kolekar said...

Yes i have seen people switching off their engines while riding down. But never seen any single girl riding down by switching off engine.

Always i have seen a guy accompanying girl.

Once i saw one animal jumping on the rocks couldn't recognize it few years back, from then on have reduced going after 7 in vehicle.

Why you are so much interested in this topic ???

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
srinand said...

My advise is please don't sleep more Ganesh ......

Ganesh Prasad Eswar Kolekar said...

Haha Srinand, ok will take your advice :)